This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- 2015 - 2016 Opera Preview Lecture
- Martes 31 de Mayo de 2016, 12:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Six Roses
- Sábado 4 de Junio de 2016, 3:30 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Área Principal
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Martes 7 de Junio de 2016, 10:30 am