Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
1939, 130 minutes
James Stewart won the New York Critics Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Mr. Smith, an idealistic country boy who goes to Washington as a short-term senator. Disillusionment sets in slowly as he realizes the political games being played in the nation's Capitol. His fight to expose the corruption to the public brings the film to a moving finish.
For more information, please see our Elections 2014 page.
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Fastest Guitar Alive
- Thursday, August 21, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Point of Pride:
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- From Here to Eternity (1953)
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room