Mr. Smith Goes to Washington
1939, 130 minutes
James Stewart won the New York Critics Award for Best Actor for his portrayal of Mr. Smith, an idealistic country boy who goes to Washington as a short-term senator. Disillusionment sets in slowly as he realizes the political games being played in the nation's Capitol. His fight to expose the corruption to the public brings the film to a moving finish.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
For more information, please see our Elections 2014 page.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Up
- Thursday, August 25, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- Friday, August 26, 2016, 3:30 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Beyond "Film Noir"
- Tuesday, August 30, 2016, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room