Planes, Trains and Automobiles, 1987, 93 minutes.
En route to Chicago to spend Thanksgiving with his family, easily annoyed businessman Neal Page (Steve Martin) finds his first-class plane ticket has been demoted to coach, and he must share his flight with obnoxious salesman Del Griffith (John Candy). A sudden snowstorm in Chicago forces the plane to land in Wichita. Unable to find a room in any of the four-star hotels, Neal is compelled to accept Del's invitation to share his accommodations in a sleazy motel. We know from the outset that the oil-and-water Neal and Del will be best buddies by the end of the movie, but it's still a fun ride.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Merola Goes to Movies
- Sunday, May 29, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Thursdays at Noon films - High Fidelity
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- First Thursday Movies @ Excelsior
- Thursday, June 2, 2016, 6:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room