Pieces of April, 2003, 80 minutes.
Katie Holmes plays the title character in this story of a family reuniting at April’s grotty Manhattan apartment for what may be the mother’s (played by Patricia Clarkson) final Thanksgiving. We follow April as she tries to put the meal together, only to find out that her oven is broken. Meanwhile the rest of her family is slowly making their way to New York with the trip punctuated by many stops including one for a funeral for road kill. With the help of various neighbors, April manages to assemble dinner, while learning to appreciate the importance of family and bonding with her fellow apartment dwellers in the process.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Preschool Videos
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Thursdays at Noon films - Birdman (2015)
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 12:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Movie and a Meal -- Frankenweenie (2012)
- Friday, October 21, 2016, 3:00 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room