Pieces of April, 2003, 80 minutes.
Katie Holmes plays the title character in this story of a family reuniting at April’s grotty Manhattan apartment for what may be the mother’s (played by Patricia Clarkson) final Thanksgiving. We follow April as she tries to put the meal together, only to find out that her oven is broken. Meanwhile the rest of her family is slowly making their way to New York with the trip punctuated by many stops including one for a funeral for road kill. With the help of various neighbors, April manages to assemble dinner, while learning to appreciate the importance of family and bonding with her fellow apartment dwellers in the process.
- Films for Adults - A League of Their Own (1992)
- Monday, July 28, 2014Golden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Family Film: Monsters University
- Wednesday, July 30, 2014Sunset, Sunset Children's Area
- Thursdays @ Noon Film -- Dark Passage
- Thursday, July 31, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium