Hannah and Her Sisters, 1986, 107 minutes.
A Woody Allen Manhattan mosaic, Hannah and Her Sisters concerns the lives, loves, and infidelities among a tightly-knit artistic clan. Hannah (Mia Farrow) regularly meets with her sisters Holly (Dianne Wiest) and Lee (Barbara Hershey) to discuss the week's events. It's what they don't always tell each other that forms the film's various subplots. Hannah is married to accountant and financial planner Elliot (Michael Caine), who carries a torch for Lee, who in turn lives with pompous Soho artist Frederick (Max Von Sydow). Meanwhile, Holly, a neurotic actress and eternal loser in love, dates TV producer Mickey (Allen), who used to be married to Hannah. Yes, it’s complicated - but very enjoyable - to see how these stories resolve.
- Family Film: The Watsons Go to Birmingham
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Old Acquaintance (1943)
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Glen Park, Glen Park Meeting Room
- Great Books to Great Movies: Death in Venice
- Tuesday, March 3, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room