Hannah and Her Sisters, 1986, 107 minutes.
A Woody Allen Manhattan mosaic, Hannah and Her Sisters concerns the lives, loves, and infidelities among a tightly-knit artistic clan. Hannah (Mia Farrow) regularly meets with her sisters Holly (Dianne Wiest) and Lee (Barbara Hershey) to discuss the week's events. It's what they don't always tell each other that forms the film's various subplots. Hannah is married to accountant and financial planner Elliot (Michael Caine), who carries a torch for Lee, who in turn lives with pompous Soho artist Frederick (Max Von Sydow). Meanwhile, Holly, a neurotic actress and eternal loser in love, dates TV producer Mickey (Allen), who used to be married to Hannah. Yes, it’s complicated - but very enjoyable - to see how these stories resolve.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Films for Adults: Ministry of Fear
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 3:00 pmGolden Gate Valley, Golden Gate Valley Meeting Room
- Teen Movie: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 3:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Teen Movie: Moonrise Kingdom
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 4:00 pmPark, Park Meeting Room