This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Live Music! Gypsy Jazz Duets
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 1:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Library for The Blind and Print Disabled Talent Show
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 2:00 pmMain Library, Library for the Blind
- Classical Guitar Performance
- Saturday, March 25, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Music Center - 4th Floor