This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Everything In Pen
- Jueves 26 de Marzo de 2015Potrero, Potrero: Sala de Reuniones
- San Francisco Gu-Zheng Music Society
- Sábado 28 de Marzo de 2015Presidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- OPEN MIC POETRY & MUSIC WITH MISSION MAPP
- Sábado 4 de Abril de 2015Mission , Mission: Área Principal