This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Classical through the Romantic eras. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Live Music! Gypsy Jazz Duets
- Sábado 25 de Marzo de 2017, 1:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones
- Library for The Blind and Print Disabled Talent Show
- Sábado 25 de Marzo de 2017, 2:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Biblioteca para Ciegos
- Classical Guitar Performance
- Sábado 25 de Marzo de 2017, 4:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Música