Intro to Western Music: From Hildegard to Handel
This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Middle Ages through the Baroque era. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Jueves 11 de Febrero de 2016, 10:30 amMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Bernal Celebrates Black History!
- Sábado 13 de Febrero de 2016, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Área Principal
- Hip-Hop Workshop for Kids
- Miércoles 17 de Febrero de 2016, 4:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones