This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Middle Ages through the Baroque era. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- The Sound of Music Memories
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 5:00 pmIngleside, Ingleside Meeting Room
- just DANCE
- Wednesday, October 7, 2015, 6:00 pmMission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Celebrate Bernal's 75th Anniversary!
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 1:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights General Floor Area