Intro to Western Music: From Hildegard to Handel
This free class examines Western classical music in various political, economic, and aesthetic contexts and seeks to teach listening skills, a critical vocabulary for discussing music, and an appreciation for the complex roles of music in society. We will look at changing genres and styles of music and discuss composers’ choices and assumptions, as well as those of patrons and audiences, as we move chronologically from the Middle Ages through the Baroque era. Instructor: John Smalley
Check uotc.org for a complete list of free University of the Commons classes.
- Richmond Branch Library Open House Celebration
- Sábado 21 de Enero de 2017, 11:00 amRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Martes 24 de Enero de 2017, 10:30 am
- Make your own Drum!
- Martes 24 de Enero de 2017, 11:00 am