Mr. Ardist Cooper, Jr.will read excerpts from, and discuss his new book, Every Tub Sits On Its Own Bottom: Memoir of A Sharecropper's Son
Born into a life of poverty, Cooper believed it was his destiny to free his family from the hardships of life in the Old South. At the age of 11, he left home, and set off on a far-ranging journey to become a self-sufficient man, and ultimately, to realize his childhood goal. Through his life story, Ardist entertains, educates, and quietly dares us to create the reality we desire, rather than settle for what we believe is possible.
- CANCELED Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sunday, July 24, 2016, 2:00 pmPortola, Portola General Floor Area
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, July 25, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults & Seniors
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sunday, July 24, 2016, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Book a Librarian in Russian
- Tuesday, July 26, 2016, 10:30 amMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Email 101
- Wednesday, July 27, 2016, 10:30 amSunset, Sunset Children's Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.