Mr. Ardist Cooper, Jr.will read excerpts from, and discuss his new book, Every Tub Sits On Its Own Bottom: Memoir of A Sharecropper's Son
Born into a life of poverty, Cooper believed it was his destiny to free his family from the hardships of life in the Old South. At the age of 11, he left home, and set off on a far-ranging journey to become a self-sufficient man, and ultimately, to realize his childhood goal. Through his life story, Ardist entertains, educates, and quietly dares us to create the reality we desire, rather than settle for what we believe is possible.
- Open Books: Jeff Hobbs
- Thursday, May 28, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, June 1, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Free Counseling
- Wednesday, June 3, 2015Marina, Marina General Floor Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, May 27, 2015Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Basic Computer Class for Seniors
- Thursday, May 28, 2015Ocean View, Ocean View Computer Lab
- Seniors CREATE! at the Bridge: Lighted Origami
- Thursday, May 28, 2015Main Library, Learning Studio
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.