Mr. Ardist Cooper, Jr.will read excerpts from, and discuss his new book, Every Tub Sits On Its Own Bottom: Memoir of A Sharecropper's Son
Born into a life of poverty, Cooper believed it was his destiny to free his family from the hardships of life in the Old South. At the age of 11, he left home, and set off on a far-ranging journey to become a self-sufficient man, and ultimately, to realize his childhood goal. Through his life story, Ardist entertains, educates, and quietly dares us to create the reality we desire, rather than settle for what we believe is possible.
- Point of Pride:
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 25, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- A Prairie Home Companion: The Movie
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, August 24, 2014Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Brain Fitness
- Monday, August 25, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.