Mr. Ardist Cooper, Jr.will read excerpts from, and discuss his new book, Every Tub Sits On Its Own Bottom: Memoir of A Sharecropper's Son
Born into a life of poverty, Cooper believed it was his destiny to free his family from the hardships of life in the Old South. At the age of 11, he left home, and set off on a far-ranging journey to become a self-sufficient man, and ultimately, to realize his childhood goal. Through his life story, Ardist entertains, educates, and quietly dares us to create the reality we desire, rather than settle for what we believe is possible.
- An Explorer's Guide to Understanding Dementia
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 6:00 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, August 1, 2015, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 3, 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, July 29, 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Seniors CREATE! at the Bridge
- Thursday, July 30, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Introduction to Online Job Searching
- Thursday, July 30, 2015, 6:00 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.