Mr. Ardist Cooper, Jr.will read excerpts from, and discuss his new book, Every Tub Sits On Its Own Bottom: Memoir of A Sharecropper's Son
Born into a life of poverty, Cooper believed it was his destiny to free his family from the hardships of life in the Old South. At the age of 11, he left home, and set off on a far-ranging journey to become a self-sufficient man, and ultimately, to realize his childhood goal. Through his life story, Ardist entertains, educates, and quietly dares us to create the reality we desire, rather than settle for what we believe is possible.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, April 27, 2015Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- On the Same Page: Daniel Alarcón
- Tuesday, April 28, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, April 25, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, April 26, 2015Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime
- Monday, April 27, 2015Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.