Mr. Ardist Cooper, Jr.will read excerpts from, and discuss his new book, Every Tub Sits On Its Own Bottom: Memoir of A Sharecropper's Son
Born into a life of poverty, Cooper believed it was his destiny to free his family from the hardships of life in the Old South. At the age of 11, he left home, and set off on a far-ranging journey to become a self-sufficient man, and ultimately, to realize his childhood goal. Through his life story, Ardist entertains, educates, and quietly dares us to create the reality we desire, rather than settle for what we believe is possible.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, November 30, 2015, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Aging and Disability Resource Center Free Counseling
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 2:30 pmMarina, Marina General Floor Area
- Lovers in Montmartre: Modigliani and Hébuterne
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, November 29, 2015, 2:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Birds of the Bay Area
- Saturday, December 5, 2015, 2:00 pmMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.