Mr. Ardist Cooper, Jr.will read excerpts from, and discuss his new book, Every Tub Sits On Its Own Bottom: Memoir of A Sharecropper's Son
Born into a life of poverty, Cooper believed it was his destiny to free his family from the hardships of life in the Old South. At the age of 11, he left home, and set off on a far-ranging journey to become a self-sufficient man, and ultimately, to realize his childhood goal. Through his life story, Ardist entertains, educates, and quietly dares us to create the reality we desire, rather than settle for what we believe is possible.
- Jazz Duo Workshop by Six Roses
- Friday, February 27, 2015Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Family Movie: The Wiz Sing-A-Long!
- Friday, February 27, 2015Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Toddler Capoeira Workshop
- Friday, February 27, 2015Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, February 28, 2015Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Teen Computer Corps
- Sunday, March 1, 2015Ortega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Staying Engaged for a Lifetime: Library eResources
- Monday, March 2, 2015Main Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.