Mr. Ardist Cooper, Jr.will read excerpts from, and discuss his new book, Every Tub Sits On Its Own Bottom: Memoir of A Sharecropper's Son
Born into a life of poverty, Cooper believed it was his destiny to free his family from the hardships of life in the Old South. At the age of 11, he left home, and set off on a far-ranging journey to become a self-sufficient man, and ultimately, to realize his childhood goal. Through his life story, Ardist entertains, educates, and quietly dares us to create the reality we desire, rather than settle for what we believe is possible.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, February 8, 2016, 10:00 amBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 11:00 amBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Asheba, Musical Storyteller
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 1:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Creative Ways of Telling your Life Story
- Monday, February 8, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Facebook Basics 1
- Tuesday, February 9, 2016, 2:30 pmMain Library, Computer Training Ctr. 5th Floor
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.