Buffalo Creek Disaster Book Reading - Legal Resources Informational
Learn about the law!
Ever wonder how lawsuits work? Class actions? Want to know the differences between federal and state court? Why lawyers take so much in fees? Come to the legal book club and find out with us!
In this club, readers will work through books that are unique stories that also cover legal topics. The club will focus on the legal issues and concepts that arise through the story in the book. Through discussion and supplementary materials for each group of chapters, the group members will learn more about the legal system and how it works. The first book in the series is "The Buffalo Creek Disaster: How the survivors of one of the worst disasters in coal-mining history brought suit against the coal company-- and won." Later books will cover things like criminal law, local government law, and business law.
To register or for more information, please contact 415.557.4251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This is not a legal clinic and does not offer legal advice.
Más información sobre Servicios de Voluntarios.
- Conversational English Language Group
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Paley - 3ª Planta
- SFPL Volunteer Orientation
- Jueves 3 de Septiembre de 2015, 5:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Centro de Alfabetización: Computadoras
- AYUDA DE LA COMPUTADORA
- Sábado 5 de Septiembre de 2015, 1:00 pmPortola , Portola: Área Principal
*Patrocinado por los Amigos de la Biblioteca Pública de San Francisco.