Learn about the law!
Ever wonder how lawsuits work? Class actions? Want to know the differences between federal and state court? Why lawyers take so much in fees? Come to the legal book club and find out with us!
In this club, readers will work through books that are unique stories that also cover legal topics. The club will focus on the legal issues and concepts that arise through the story in the book. Through discussion and supplementary materials for each group of chapters, the group members will learn more about the legal system and how it works. The first book in the series is "The Buffalo Creek Disaster: How the survivors of one of the worst disasters in coal-mining history brought suit against the coal company-- and won." Later books will cover things like criminal law, local government law, and business law.
To register or for more information, please contact 415.557.4251 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: This is not a legal clinic and does not offer legal advice.
See sfpl.org/volunteer for more Volunteer Services information.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- 星期六, 2015年１月31日Portola 分館, Portola 公眾範圍
- ESL Help
- 星期一, 2015年2月2日Ingleside 分館, Ingleside 分館會議室
- Practical Microsoft Excel
- 星期二, 2015年2月3日Main 總圖書館, 電腦培訓中心
- Conversational Spanish Language Group
- 星期二, 2015年2月3日Main 總圖書館, Martin Paley 會議室
- Learn To Code
- 星期三, 2015年2月4日Main 總圖書館, 電腦培訓中心
- Conversational Japanese Language Group (Beginner)
- 星期四, 2015年2月5日Main 總圖書館, Martin Paley 會議室