Beat historian Gerald Nicosia spent years looking for Lu Anne Henderson, the woman who started Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady on their journey, because he knew that if not for her, the two men wouldn’t have taken the road trip that became the classic novel On the Road. Join us as Nicosia discusses his book One and Only which tells the story of the beautiful 15 year old girl who loved both men and taught them how to love each other. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide
- Miércoles 22 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Visions of Loveliness
- Miércoles 22 de Abril de 2015Mission Bay, Mission Bay Program Room
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- Martes 28 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B