The Treasure Island Museum Association and The Chinese Center of the SFPL will present Chinatown: The Hidden Cities of San Francisco. This hour-long documentary by Bay Area independent filmmaker, Felicia Lowe features some of San Francisco’s oldest neighborhoods and won an Emmy for “Best Cultural Documentary.” Ms. Lowe will be in attendance for discussion and to answer questions before and after the screening.
This documentary is presented in conjunction with the exhibition
Building Bridges: The James R. Lee Family Archives
which is on display in the Chinese Center of SFPL on the 3rd floor from November 3, 2012 - Feb. 7, 2013
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl
- Movie Night: Selma
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 5:30 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- SF Opera's Opera in an Hour
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 6:00 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Dealing with Digital Photos (in English)
- Thursday, February 23, 2017, 1:30 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- Dealing with Digital Photos (in Mandarin)
- Friday, February 24, 2017, 1:30 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room