The Treasure Island Museum Association and The Chinese Center of the SFPL will present Chinatown: The Hidden Cities of San Francisco. This hour-long documentary by Bay Area independent filmmaker, Felicia Lowe features some of San Francisco’s oldest neighborhoods and won an Emmy for “Best Cultural Documentary.” Ms. Lowe will be in attendance for discussion and to answer questions before and after the screening.
This documentary is presented in conjunction with the exhibition
Building Bridges: The James R. Lee Family Archives
which is on display in the Chinese Center of SFPL on the 3rd floor from November 3, 2012 - Feb. 7, 2013
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Movie and a Meal -- Akeelah and the Bee (2006)
- Friday, January 20, 2017, 3:00 pmPotrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- Red Envelope Lantern Craft
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 10:30 amMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Year of the Rooster
- Saturday, January 21, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Folding Red Envelope Lantern
- Saturday, January 28, 2017, 10:30 amMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Screen Time Presents eLearning with Flipster!
- Friday, February 3, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.