The 28th Jewish Music Festival and the San Francisco Public Library present
In song and music, a pioneering figure of the Yiddish/klezmer renaissance celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Ansky Ethnographic Expeditions that collected Jewish folklore and music from the shtetlekh of the Russian Empire, as part of the blossoming of contemporary Yiddish culture and commemorates the 70th anniversary of the heroic Warsaw ghetto uprising during the darkest days for the Yiddish world in Eastern Europe.
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Wednesday, March 12, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- The Gustafer Yellowgold Show
- Friday, March 14, 2014Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Opera for the People: Winter-Spring 2014
- Saturday, March 22, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room