The 28th Jewish Music Festival and the San Francisco Public Library present
In song and music, a pioneering figure of the Yiddish/klezmer renaissance celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Ansky Ethnographic Expeditions that collected Jewish folklore and music from the shtetlekh of the Russian Empire, as part of the blossoming of contemporary Yiddish culture and commemorates the 70th anniversary of the heroic Warsaw ghetto uprising during the darkest days for the Yiddish world in Eastern Europe.
- Jazz Performance by Six Roses
- Saturday, February 25, 2017, 1:30 pmPortola, Portola Meeting Room
- Musical Outdoor Storytime
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 10:30 am
- Guzheng (Chinese Harp) and Chinese Culture
- Friday, March 3, 2017, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room