The 28th Jewish Music Festival and the San Francisco Public Library present
In song and music, a pioneering figure of the Yiddish/klezmer renaissance celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Ansky Ethnographic Expeditions that collected Jewish folklore and music from the shtetlekh of the Russian Empire, as part of the blossoming of contemporary Yiddish culture and commemorates the 70th anniversary of the heroic Warsaw ghetto uprising during the darkest days for the Yiddish world in Eastern Europe.
- Bernal Jazz Quartet
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 6:30 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Pete Seeger: How Can I Keep From Singing?
- Wednesday, September 9, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- How to sing like Pavarotti By Colin Hsi
- Sunday, September 27, 2015, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B