The 28th Jewish Music Festival and the San Francisco Public Library present
In song and music, a pioneering figure of the Yiddish/klezmer renaissance celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Ansky Ethnographic Expeditions that collected Jewish folklore and music from the shtetlekh of the Russian Empire, as part of the blossoming of contemporary Yiddish culture and commemorates the 70th anniversary of the heroic Warsaw ghetto uprising during the darkest days for the Yiddish world in Eastern Europe.
- Parent-Child Interactions
- Thursday, February 5, 2015Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- African Musical Instrument Workshop
- Thursday, February 5, 2015North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Lion Dancers!
- Saturday, February 7, 2015Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown General Floor Area