The 28th Jewish Music Festival and the San Francisco Public Library present
In song and music, a pioneering figure of the Yiddish/klezmer renaissance celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Ansky Ethnographic Expeditions that collected Jewish folklore and music from the shtetlekh of the Russian Empire, as part of the blossoming of contemporary Yiddish culture and commemorates the 70th anniversary of the heroic Warsaw ghetto uprising during the darkest days for the Yiddish world in Eastern Europe.
- Opera for the People Lecture Series
- Saturday, September 20, 2014Noe Valley/Sally Brunn, Noe Valley Meeting Room
- Phonographic Memory
- Wednesday, September 24, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Classical Guitar Serenade
- Thursday, September 25, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond General Floor Area