Join award-winning historian and filmmaker Glenne McElhinney as she introduces her new documentary and media project Tales of California 1970-1982. The webisode series, which was awarded research and development funding from the California Documentary Project of CAL Humanities is currently under development. Director McElhinney will highlight the overall arc of the webisode series of several of the short documentaries within the series. The latter part of the presentation will showcase how the plan for the series is to be California curriculum compliant and therefore available for use in classroom in the Golden State as LGBT and FAIR Education Act core curriculum.
McElhinney has been active in the civil rights movement since the late 1960s. Her LGBT/Ally oral history project Impact Stories produced the Farmeline34 film On These Shoulders We Stand.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Video Studio: Open House
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017, 4:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Video - 2nd Fl