Western Addition Branch presents A Raisin in the Sun (1961) starring Sidney Poitier, Ruby Dee and Claudia McNeil
In the 1950s, an African-American family on Chicago's south side is torn by different dreams for the future when they receive an insurance settlement. Lorraine Hansberry, winner of the 1959 New York Drama Critics Circle Award, adapted her acclaimed stage play for the screen to create a powerful film.
This is a Films & Videos program from SFPL. From feature films to youth-made videos, we’ve got something great to watch.
- Central Intelligence (2016)
- Friday, February 24, 2017, 3:45 pmBayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Short History of Narrative Cinema
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- 13th: an Oscar-nominated documentary
- Monday, February 27, 2017, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room