This series investigates patriotism in the United States based on its most iconic representation, the American Flag. It began in 2005 and since that time I have captured the multitude of ways the flag is represented in the every day. It began in the East Coast and spans to Hawaii, covering much of the country in between.
Over the last six years, I have collected numerous types of flag imagery. These images display a range of materials from t-shirts, air fresheners, fold-up chairs, plastic bags and of course, the traditional flag display outside of homes and businesses. In this time I have become enamored with the image of the flag in all its kitschy incarnations. Due to the time we live in, it is intended to add to the discussion of where American patriotism is today.
Throughout this process I've asked myself, how is patriotism changing in the United States? My hope is for people to ask themselves, in addition to national pride, what does our flag mean to us?
- Monet, Renoir, Pissarro & the Impressionist Movement
- Miércoles 5 de Octubre de 2016, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Jueves 20 de Octubre de 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- A Palestinian Poetry & Music Event
- Martes 25 de Octubre de 2016, 6:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret