Building Bridges: The James R. Lee Collection
This exhibition features a collection of photographs, blueprints, newspaper articles, designs, books, and other ephemera related to the building of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge.
Mr. Lee was one of the many designers/engineers working on the Bay Bridge in the 1930s; he was also a second generation Chinese American. The exhibit will not only feature Lee’s role in the building of the Bay Bridge, but also include insights into some of the social and cultural aspects of life for the Chinese American community from the 1920s through the 1940s in San Francisco.
Lori Barber, Guest Curator
Treasure Island Museum Association
Related Event: Exhibit opening program
Wednesday, November 14, 6 PMKoret Auditorium, Main Library, Lower Level
- Red Envelope Crafts
- Miércoles 25 de Enero de 2017, 1:00 pmVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley: Sala de Reuniones
- Lunar New Year Movie: The Karate Kid
- Sábado 28 de Enero de 2017, 2:30 pmPark, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Dance and Acrobatics performance
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 3:30 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Folding Red Envelope Lantern
- Sábado 28 de Enero de 2017, 10:30 amMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- eReader and Tech Drop-In (English & Chinese)
- Miércoles 1 de Febrero de 2017, 3:00 pmRichmond, Richmond: Sala de Reuniones
- Screen Time Presents eLearning with Flipster!
- Viernes 3 de Febrero de 2017, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala de Computadoras