Please join award-winning local poet and author Nellie Wong as she reads from Breakfast Lunch Dinner, her fourth book of poetry. Her vibrant poetry bears witness to the incredible times through which she lived—from the immigration of her parents via Angel Island, World War II, the Civil Rights Movement, and the struggle for solidarity everywhere.
Nellie Wong’s poetry in stone engravings graces upper Market Street and the Embarcadero Roadway in San Francisco. Recently, a new building on the campus of Oakland High School, her alma mater, was named after her.
Books will be available for purchase and signing. This author event will be in English only.
- Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- San Francisco's Historic Streetcars and Cable Cars
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Delight Rice: Pioneer in Deaf Education (ASL)
- Wednesday, August 6, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B