Please join award-winning local poet and author Nellie Wong as she reads from Breakfast Lunch Dinner, her fourth book of poetry. Her vibrant poetry bears witness to the incredible times through which she lived—from the immigration of her parents via Angel Island, World War II, the Civil Rights Movement, and the struggle for solidarity everywhere.
Nellie Wong’s poetry in stone engravings graces upper Market Street and the Embarcadero Roadway in San Francisco. Recently, a new building on the campus of Oakland High School, her alma mater, was named after her.
Books will be available for purchase and signing. This author event will be in English only.
- 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide
- 星期三, 2015年4月22日Main 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Visions of Loveliness
- 星期三, 2015年4月22日Mission Bay 分館, Mission Bay Program Room
- Toba Singer and Jose Manuel Carreno
- 星期二, 2015年4月28日Main 總圖書館, Latino/Hispanic 會議室 A 和 B