Glenn R. Stewart of the Santa Cruz Predatory Bird Research Group and Nick Dunlop, photographer, will discuss falcons in a changing world. Their presentation will be accompanied by Dunlop's extraordinary photographs and video of wild peregrine falcons in the Bay Area, and a tame falcon on stage.
Falcons that once nested in remote cliffs are now nesting in cities on man-made structures such as buildings and bridges. In 1970 there were only two known nesting pairs of peregrines in California; today the population has recovered to over 250 known nesting pairs, including several in the Bay Area.
Sponsored by the the Wallace Stegner Environmental Center and The Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.
Nick Dunlop - photo of young peregrines. Visit his website at: http://www.nickdunlop.com/
This is a Green Stacks event.
- Documentary: Watershed
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Erik Peper: Take Charge of Your Healing!
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014West Portal, West Portal Children's Area
- National Poetry Month and Earth Day Event
- Tuesday, April 22, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room