Musicians and poets with disabilities come together as a coalition named Krip-Hop Nation, for a Bay Area Mini-Concert and to honor the late Blind Joe Capers.
The concert will feature a mixture of music from Punk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Spoken Word to Rock. A panel of speakers will explain Krip-Hop and talk about why Krip-Hop Nation is important. Musicians and poets will tell their stories about dealing with the entertainment industry underground and living in the community as an artist. A sneak preview of an upcoming documentary about the late Joe Capers aka Blind Joe who worked with Oakland CA Hip-Hop artists like MC Hammer, Tony Tone Toni and more, along with a multi-media presentation with audio interviews and a slide show of over one hundred pictures of Krip-Hop artists from around the world will round out the program.
This event is about more than music. It will be an arena for advocacy, education, building cultural activism through artistic expression and coming together.
The Main Library is wheelchair accessible. To request other accommodations, call 415-557-4557 or contact email@example.com. Requesting accommodations at least 72 hours in advance will help ensure availability.
- Black Business Month: How to Start a Food Truck
- Miércoles 20 de Agosto de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Point of Pride:
- Sábado 23 de Agosto de 2014Western Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B