Musicians and poets with disabilities come together as a coalition named Krip-Hop Nation, for a Bay Area Mini-Concert and to honor the late Blind Joe Capers.
The concert will feature a mixture of music from Punk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Spoken Word to Rock. A panel of speakers will explain Krip-Hop and talk about why Krip-Hop Nation is important. Musicians and poets will tell their stories about dealing with the entertainment industry underground and living in the community as an artist. A sneak preview of an upcoming documentary about the late Joe Capers aka Blind Joe who worked with Oakland CA Hip-Hop artists like MC Hammer, Tony Tone Toni and more, along with a multi-media presentation with audio interviews and a slide show of over one hundred pictures of Krip-Hop artists from around the world will round out the program.
This event is about more than music. It will be an arena for advocacy, education, building cultural activism through artistic expression and coming together.
The Main Library is wheelchair accessible. To request other accommodations, call 415-557-4557 or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Requesting accommodations at least 72 hours in advance will help ensure availability.
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- 星期日, 2017年１月22日, 1:00 pmMain 總圖書館, 學習工作室
- Daniel Jose Older
- 星期二, 2017年１月24日, 6:00 pmMain 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- 星期三, 2017年2月1日, 10:00 amBayview 分館, Bayview 公眾範圍
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- 至 星期二, 2017年2月28日Main 總圖書館, 兒童創作中心
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- 至 星期四, 2017年3月2日Main 總圖書館, 非洲裔展覽中心