Celebrate Black History Month by learning the story of various styles of "street dancing": breakin', boogaloo, poppin', and turfin'. Part of the African American dance heritage, these urban dance styles have become a multicultural American phenomenon. Performances by Beatz n Pieces, Agatron, Fluidgirl, and Too Wet. For ages 7-18.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
Programs celebrating one of the many cultures that make up San Francisco, during their time of special recognition.
- Black Comix Arts Festival
- Monday, January 16, 2017, 10:00 am
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Daniel Jose Older
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.