Celebrate Black History Month by learning the story of various styles of "street dancing": breakin', boogaloo, poppin', and turfin'. Part of the African American dance heritage, these urban dance styles have become a multicultural American phenomenon. Performances by Beatz n Pieces, Agatron, Fluidgirl, and Too Wet. For ages 7-18.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
Programs celebrating one of the many cultures that make up San Francisco, during their time of special recognition.
- Repujado: Mexican Tin Art
- Thursday, September 25, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- ¡Baila conmigo! Dance with Me, Maria Luna!
- Saturday, September 27, 2014Potrero, Potrero Meeting Room
- 500 Years Later
- Thursday, October 2, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
- Papel Picado Banners!
- Tuesday, September 23, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Come Learn How to Salsa and Bachata!
- Tuesday, September 30, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room
- Family History Research: Italian Ancestors
- Wednesday, October 8, 2014North Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.