Celebrate Black History Month by learning the story of various styles of "street dancing": breakin', boogaloo, poppin', and turfin'. Part of the African American dance heritage, these urban dance styles have become a multicultural American phenomenon. Performances by Beatz n Pieces, Agatron, Fluidgirl, and Too Wet. For ages 7-18.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
Programs celebrating one of the many cultures that make up San Francisco, during their time of special recognition.
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 8:00 amBayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Martha C. Taylor: From Labor to Reward
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, African American Center
- Excelsior Branch Book Club: Underground Railroad
- Tuesday, February 28, 2017, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.