Celebrate Black History Month by learning the story of various styles of "street dancing": breakin', boogaloo, poppin', and turfin'. Part of the African American dance heritage, these urban dance styles have become a multicultural American phenomenon. Performances by Beatz n Pieces, Agatron, Fluidgirl, and Too Wet. For ages 7-18.
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
Programs celebrating one of the many cultures that make up San Francisco, during their time of special recognition.
- Hands on History:
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, San Francisco History Center
- PBS Documentary Screening: Prince Among Slaves
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016, 6:30 pmOcean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
- Asheba: Musical Storyteller
- Thursday, February 11, 2016, 10:30 amMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.