Multi-award-winning author Eve Bunting, who has written more than 200 books for preschoolers, school-age children, and young adults, will be the San Francisco Public Library’s special guest speaker at the 17th annual Effie Lee Morris Lecture. Her theme will be “Picture Books That Can’t Be Written: Social Issues in Children’s Literature.” Bunting’s career spans four decades and a wealth of styles, subjects, and genres. Among her many notable titles are: Fly Away Home, One Green Apple, and Smoky Night, which received the Caldecott Medal for its illustrations by David Diaz. There will be a book sale by Readers Books. Supported by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library and the local chapter of the Women’s National Book Association.
- History of Food Coops: Shanta Sacharoff
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 12:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room
- Ghosts, Sinners & Secret Places
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 2:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Guild Freelancers
- Tuesday, October 25, 2016, 5:30 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.