From San Francisco’s iconic Coit Tower to its free-spirited festivals, San Francisco: Arts for the City—Civic Art and Urban Change, 1932-2012 celebrates the events, politics and creativity that have made the city the cultural icon it is today. Hear the book’s author Susan Wels recount some of the most important moments in the San Francisco Arts Commission’s eighty-year history of shaping the city’s cultural and physical landscape and from the Director of Cultural Affairs Tom DeCaigny and Commission President JD Beltran. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Martes 13 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Miércoles 14 de Octubre de 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced: Área Principal
- Entre sus Palabras Andantes
- Domingo 18 de Octubre de 2015, 3:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B