From San Francisco’s iconic Coit Tower to its free-spirited festivals, San Francisco: Arts for the City—Civic Art and Urban Change, 1932-2012 celebrates the events, politics and creativity that have made the city the cultural icon it is today. Hear the book’s author Susan Wels recount some of the most important moments in the San Francisco Arts Commission’s eighty-year history of shaping the city’s cultural and physical landscape and from the Director of Cultural Affairs Tom DeCaigny and Commission President JD Beltran. A book sale by Readers Books follows the event.
- Open Books: Alev Croutier
- Miércoles 4 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Christopher L. Webber: American to the Backbone
- Sábado 7 de Febrero de 2015Ocean View, Ocean View: Sala de Reuniones
- Stairway Walks in San Francisco
- Miércoles 11 de Febrero de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B