Join us when Adrian Burgos, Jr. discusses his book CUBAN STAR. In this raucous biography he brings to life Alejandro “Alex” Pompez. A proud and boisterous Negro League team owner, Alex Pompez rose to prominence during Latino baseball’s earliest glory days. As a passionate and steadfast advocate for Latino players, he helped bring baseball into the modern age. Pompez presided over the twilight of the Negro League, holding it together as long as possible in the face of integration even as he helped his players make the transition to the majors. In his later days as a scout, he championed some of the brightest future Latino stars and became one of Latin America’s most vocal advocates for the game. A book sale by Readers books follows the event.
- Low Energy Radiation from Our Home and Media Appliances
- Domingo 9 de Octubre de 2016, 1:00 pmBiblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Jueves 20 de Octubre de 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset: Área Juvenil
- History of Food Coops: Shanta Sacharoff
- Sábado 22 de Octubre de 2016, 12:00 pmOrtega, Ortega: Sala de Reuniones