Randall Tarpey-Schwed's interest in books that portray gay and lesbian parents began as a simple search for books to read to his young children that portrayed "his" kind of family. Join us when Mr. Tarpey-Schwed presents a well-illustrated talk. He will discuss the first such children's book which appeared in 1979, to the controversy that surrounded the publication of Heather Has Two Mommies; from the relative dearth of such books during the AIDS crisis of the 1980s to the early portrayals of same-gender marriages. We will learn how changes in society have been mirrored in the pages of these books, and how they have changed for the better over time. The talk will conclude with a discussion of a few of Mr. Tarpey-Schwed's personal recommendations.
- Lambda Literary Awards Finalists Reading
- Martes 21 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- 100th Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide
- Miércoles 22 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- Another Little Piece of My Heart
- Miércoles 22 de Abril de 2015Biblioteca Central, Centro de Gays y Lesbianas