Based at the Presidio in San Francisco, Buffalo Soldiers were assigned to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks where they patrolled the backcountry, built trails, stopped poaching, and otherwise served in the roles later assumed by National Park rangers. In observance of Black History Month, Ranger Frederik Penn will discuss the importance of the Buffalo Soldiers to the management of the National Parks and to the legacy of African Americans in the post-Civil War era. In this presentation, he will display historic photographs and explore this multi-layered and multi-faceted, yet seldom told, story.
- Computer Help for Adults & Seniors
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Six Roses - Jazz Performance
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 7:00 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Black Hollywood Unchained Book and Panel Discussion
- Sunday, July 3, 2016, 1:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- AARP Smartphone Workshop
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 11:00 amVisitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 1:30 pmPresidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Google Drive Q&A
- Wednesday, June 29, 2016, 6:00 pmMain Library, 5th Floor Computer Training Ctr.