Based at the Presidio in San Francisco, Buffalo Soldiers were assigned to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks where they patrolled the backcountry, built trails, stopped poaching, and otherwise served in the roles later assumed by National Park rangers. In observance of Black History Month, Ranger Frederik Penn will discuss the importance of the Buffalo Soldiers to the management of the National Parks and to the legacy of African Americans in the post-Civil War era. In this presentation, he will display historic photographs and explore this multi-layered and multi-faceted, yet seldom told, story.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Sábado 4 de Octubre de 2014Portola, Portola: Área Principal
- The Revolutionary Art of Emory Douglas
- Domingo 5 de Octubre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Lunes 6 de Octubre de 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones