Based at the Presidio in San Francisco, Buffalo Soldiers were assigned to Sequoia and Yosemite National Parks where they patrolled the backcountry, built trails, stopped poaching, and otherwise served in the roles later assumed by National Park rangers. In observance of Black History Month, Ranger Frederik Penn will discuss the importance of the Buffalo Soldiers to the management of the National Parks and to the legacy of African Americans in the post-Civil War era. In this presentation, he will display historic photographs and explore this multi-layered and multi-faceted, yet seldom told, story.
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- 星期六, 2014年12月20日Excelsior 分館, Excelsior 分館會議室
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- 星期一, 2014年12月22日Bernal Heights 分館, Bernal Heights 分館會議室
- 星期日, 2014年12月28日Main 總圖書館, Koret 禮堂