Tenugui is a must item for Japanese festival costume. Each Tenugui design represents each group you belong. Not only you can wear it just like a hat or a scarf but also use it for sunshade, windbreaker, towel to wipe your sweat, wrapping things, and even for bandage.
It is gentle to the skin because of 100 % made of cotton. It’s easy washable and fast-dry, and an environmentally-friendly eco-item. At this workshop we will introduce Japanese traditional ways of various Tenugui use including cool way of wearing, wrapping, and other useful way of usage.
- Charlie Chin
- Tuesday, May 3, 2016, 10:00 amParkside, Parkside Children's Area
- Asian Snack Trials
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016, 5:00 pmMain Library, Mix: Carpet Garden - 2nd Fl
- Japanese Koto Demonstration with Shoko Hikage
- Thursday, May 5, 2016, 3:30 pmNorth Beach, North Beach Meeting Room
- Tai Chi Mondays!
- Monday, May 2, 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Tai Chi Mondays
- Monday, May 9, 2016, 3:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights General Floor Area
- Jamyong Singye on the Meditative Art of Thangka
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016, 6:30 pmWest Portal, West Portal Children's Area