Kadir Nelson, two-time Caldecott Honor and Coretta Scott King Award winner will discuss his new book, I Have A Dream. The book pairs the award-winning Nelson’s magnificent paintings with the text of Martin Luther King Jr.’s powerful speech, delivered on August 28, 1963, on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the March on Washington. This picture book is certain to be treasured by children and adults alike. The themes of equality and freedom for all are not only relevant today, 50 years later, but also provide young readers with an important introduction to our nation's past.
- Delicious Desserts: Alice Medrich speaks
- Tuesday, October 13, 2015, 2:30 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Slavery: Ancient Greece and Rome vs. the American South
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015, 7:00 pmMerced, Merced General Floor Area
- Between His Walking Words/Entre Sus Palabras Andantes
- Sunday, October 18, 2015, 3:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B