Kadir Nelson, two-time Caldecott Honor and Coretta Scott King Award winner will discuss his new book, I Have A Dream. The book pairs the award-winning Nelson’s magnificent paintings with the text of Martin Luther King Jr.’s powerful speech, delivered on August 28, 1963, on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial during the March on Washington. This picture book is certain to be treasured by children and adults alike. The themes of equality and freedom for all are not only relevant today, 50 years later, but also provide young readers with an important introduction to our nation's past.
- Cool Gray City of Love: 49 Views of San Francisco
- Thursday, July 24, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- San Francisco's Historic Streetcars and Cable Cars
- Tuesday, July 29, 2014Excelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room
- Delight Rice: Pioneer in Deaf Education (ASL)
- Wednesday, August 6, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B