Commemorating Tenderloin Residents
Join us for the launch of a new book, Death in the Tenderloin, a compilation of posthumous stories drawn from the pages of the Central City Extra, the Tenderloin’s neighborhood newspaper. The book chronicles the passing of 99 residents – some saints, some sinners – who died in San Francisco’s most notorious and poorest neighborhood. Among the stories are those of SRO-hotel pioneer Leroy Looper and Hank Wilson, the Mother Teresa of the Tenderloin. These “curtain calls” reveal the many paths of neighborhood lives and the universal journey of human existence.
Panel discussion with the book's authors: Tom Carter and Marjorie Beggs, moderated by Geoff Link, editor of Central City Extra.
- Low Energy Radiation from Our Home and Media Appliances
- Sunday, October 9, 2016, 1:00 pmMain Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- The Life and Art of Vincent Van Gogh
- Thursday, October 20, 2016, 7:00 pmSunset, Sunset Children's Area
- History of Food Coops: Shanta Sacharoff
- Saturday, October 22, 2016, 12:00 pmOrtega, Ortega Meeting Room