This Spanish language seminar will cover the various types of sugars and the effects sugar has on our short and long-term health. A Registered Dietitian will discuss food labels, artificial sweeteners, and ways to break the sugar habit. This lecture will also include tips for better snacking.
This class is provided in Spanish by the Community Health Resource Center.
This program is part of VIVA, the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September 15 – October 15.
- OWL: Older Writers Laboratory
- Monday, August 25, 2014Bernal Heights, Bernal Heights Meeting Room
- Rincón Literario
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Main Library, Paley Room - Floor 3
- Everything in Pen Sings Of Books
- Wednesday, August 27, 2014Merced, Merced General Floor Area
- Wednesday Afternoon Tai Chi with Patrick Lau
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Presidio, Presidio Meeting Room
- Internet 101
- Thursday, August 21, 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown Computer Lab
- CANCELLED Adults & Seniors Computer Class
- Thursday, August 21, 2014Richmond/Senator Milton Marks, Richmond Meeting Room