This Spanish language seminar will cover the various types of sugars and the effects sugar has on our short and long-term health. A Registered Dietitian will discuss food labels, artificial sweeteners, and ways to break the sugar habit. This lecture will also include tips for better snacking.
This class is provided in Spanish by the Community Health Resource Center.
¡VIVA! is the library’s celebration of National Hispanic Heritage Month, which takes place every year from September – October.
- CREATE! at The Bridge
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 2:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- VIVA Mexican Yarn Painting
- Friday, October 9, 2015, 3:30 pmChinatown, Chinatown Meeting Room
- Germar the Magician
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 11:00 amMarina, Marina Childrens' Area
- Seniornet Mouse and Keyboard Skills
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 2:00 pmChinatown, Chinatown Computer Lab
- Teen Computer Corps
- Thursday, October 8, 2015, 4:00 pmRichmond, Richmond Meeting Room
- Computer Help for Adults/Seniors
- Saturday, October 10, 2015, 3:30 pmExcelsior, Excelsior Meeting Room