Over 400 years old, the Hamamatsu Festival is a celebration held each year in the town of Hamamatsu, Japan, from May 3 to May 5. Local towns which participate in the kite battles and float parades of the festival create cotton banners, called tenugui, with unique designs and colors that act as logos to help spectators identify the different groups competing. The library will be presenting over 100 of these tenugui cloths, along with the history of one of Japan’s most prominent events.
- Celebrating Asian-American Heritage Month!
- Friday, May 1, 2015Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Candy Lei Day
- Friday, May 1, 2015Visitacion Valley, Visitacion Valley Meeting Room
- Richie Unterberger's Film Clips of Asian Rock Performers
- Saturday, May 2, 2015Richmond, Richmond Meeting Room