Over 400 years old, the Hamamatsu Festival is a celebration held each year in the town of Hamamatsu, Japan, from May 3 to May 5. Local towns which participate in the kite battles and float parades of the festival create cotton banners, called tenugui, with unique designs and colors that act as logos to help spectators identify the different groups competing. The library will be presenting over 100 of these tenugui cloths, along with the history of one of Japan’s most prominent events.
- DIY Red Envelope Lantern
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Portola, Portola: Sala de Reuniones
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Jueves 4 de Septiembre de 2014Biblioteca Central, Sala Latino/Hispana A & B
- Mid-Autumn Riddle Contest
- Sábado 20 de Septiembre de 2014Chinatown/Him Mark Lai, Chinatown: Sala de Reuniones