Over 400 years old, the Hamamatsu Festival is a celebration held each year in the town of Hamamatsu, Japan, from May 3 to May 5. Local towns which participate in the kite battles and float parades of the festival create cotton banners, called tenugui, with unique designs and colors that act as logos to help spectators identify the different groups competing. The library will be presenting over 100 of these tenugui cloths, along with the history of one of Japan’s most prominent events.
- Celebrate Chinese New Year -
- Sábado 6 de Febrero de 2016, 3:00 pmPresidio , Presidio: Sala de Reuniones
- Vietnamese Cooking for the Lunar New Year
- Miércoles 10 de Febrero de 2016, 6:30 pmGlen Park, Glen Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Celebrate with Kai-lan!
- Sábado 13 de Febrero de 2016, 2:30 pmIngleside, Ingleside: Sala de Reuniones