Over 400 years old, the Hamamatsu Festival is a celebration held each year in the town of Hamamatsu, Japan, from May 3 to May 5. Local towns which participate in the kite battles and float parades of the festival create cotton banners, called tenugui, with unique designs and colors that act as logos to help spectators identify the different groups competing. The library will be presenting over 100 of these tenugui cloths, along with the history of one of Japan’s most prominent events.
- Japanese Senior Conversation Hour
- Jueves 23 de Febrero de 2017, 3:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Sala de Reuniones
- Girls' Day Japanese Tea Ceremony
- Sábado 25 de Febrero de 2017, 2:00 pmWestern Addition, Western Addition: Espacio Exterior
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Race
- Martes 7 de Marzo de 2017, 6:00 pmBernal Heights, Bernal Heights: Sala de Reuniones