Question: How can a Blind or partially sighted person enjoy a feature film without relying on someone to whisper the visual aspects of the movie in his or her ear?
Answer: Audio-described films include a second soundtrack that describes the sets, costumes and any visual cues that the director uses to establish place, create mood and foreshadow events.
Join us for a movie followed by a discussion about the film and the effectiveness of the audio-descriptions.
Sighted people are welcome. If you find it distracting to listen to the descriptions while watching the movie, you might try closing your eyes.
Please note that we must request noise be kept to a minimum during the film so people can hear the descriptions.
Unfortunately there currently is no option to include closed captioning for the Deaf and hard of hearing with audio description.
- Teen Movie: Ouija
- Miércoles 8 de Julio de 2015Excelsior, Excelsior: Sala de Reuniones
- Summer Children's Matinee
- Miércoles 8 de Julio de 2015Park, Park: Sala de Reuniones
- Thursdays at Noon film series - To Kill a Mockingbird
- Jueves 9 de Julio de 2015Biblioteca Central, Auditorio Koret