Question: How can a Blind or partially sighted person enjoy a feature film without relying on someone to whisper the visual aspects of the movie in his or her ear?
Answer: Audio-described films include a second soundtrack that describes the sets, costumes and any visual cues that the director uses to establish place, create mood and foreshadow events.
Join us for a movie followed by a discussion about the film and the effectiveness of the audio-descriptions.
Sighted people are welcome. If you find it distracting to listen to the descriptions while watching the movie, you might try closing your eyes.
Please note that we must request noise be kept to a minimum during the film so people can hear the descriptions.
Unfortunately there currently is no option to include closed captioning for the Deaf and hard of hearing with audio description.
- Thursdays at Noon films - Waiting for Guffman (1996)
- Jueves 27 de Octubre de 2016, 12:00 pm
- *CANCELLED: San Francisco, the city that knows how
- Jueves 27 de Octubre de 2016, 5:45 pm
- About Time - Audio Described Film
- Viernes 28 de Octubre de 2016, 2:00 pm