Capoeira Angola can be described as a cultural weapon, a martial art, a dance, a spiritual tradition, a philosophy, and a game played to the rhythm of percussion instruments and call response songs. Celebrate Black History Month by using your body to learn this exciting and beautiful tradition from the African Diaspora, and join us for movement, fun games, and role playing that introduce participants to special violence prevention techniques.
Space limited to first 20 participants to arrive. For Ages 5-12
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Black Business Month: How to Start a Food Truck
- Wednesday, August 20, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Point of Pride:
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Western Addition, Western Addition Meeting Room
- Family Movie: Nature Time!
- Saturday, August 23, 2014Bayview, Bayview Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.