Capoeira Angola can be described as a cultural weapon, a martial art, a dance, a spiritual tradition, a philosophy, and a game played to the rhythm of percussion instruments and call response songs. Celebrate Black History Month by using your body to learn this exciting and beautiful tradition from the African Diaspora, and join us for movement, fun games, and role playing that introduce participants to special violence prevention techniques.
Space limited to first 20 participants to arrive. For Ages 5-12
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- RADAR Presents Reading + Launch Party:
- Thursday, September 4, 2014Main Library, Latino/Hispanic Rms A & B
- Black Media and Struggle for Human Rights
- Sunday, September 14, 2014Main Library, Koret Auditorium
- Repujado: Mexican Tin Art
- Thursday, September 25, 2014Ocean View, Ocean View Meeting Room
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.