Capoeira Angola can be described as a cultural weapon, a martial art, a dance, a spiritual tradition, a philosophy, and a game played to the rhythm of percussion instruments and call response songs. Celebrate Black History Month by using your body to learn this exciting and beautiful tradition from the African Diaspora, and join us for movement, fun games, and role playing that introduce participants to special violence prevention techniques.
Space limited to first 20 participants to arrive. For Ages 5-12
Come to the library, check out the show, get a library card, and enjoy some books!
- Letters to Prisoners Workshop
- Sunday, January 22, 2017, 1:00 pmMain Library, Learning Studio
- Daniel Jose Older
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017, 6:00 pmMain Library, Koret Auditorium
- Black History Month Scavenger Hunt
- Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 10:00 amBayview, Bayview General Floor Area
- Celebrating the diverse and beautiful world of Ashley Bryan
- Through Tuesday, February 28, 2017Main Library, Children's Center Exhibit Space
- Envisioning the Classics with Color
- Through Thursday, March 2, 2017Main Library, African American Center
*Funded by Friends of the San Francisco Public Library.